We offer an Infant Water Familiarisation program in Terms 1 and 4 every year. Our swim teachers are AUSTSWIM qualified for Infants and Preschoolers. Your child will be assessed for suitable placement into one of the following groups (the names of which are based on Mary River creatures):
(6 mths – 3yrs): Accompanied by a parent, the focus is on water familiarisation, water safety and fun. Songs and fun activities are used to develop confidence and exploration. This is a great bonding opportunity for both parents and our goal is to give parents the skills and confidence to practice with their child outside of lessons, developing a sound respect for the aquatic environment.
(approx 3 – 4 yrs): This is a transition class from baby class to the infant being on their own with the instructor. Focus is still on water familiarisation and safety and independence is encouraged through experimentation. Skills learnt here are base swimming positions, doggy paddle, and kicking.
• There will be no refunds for missed lessons. Please check you are able to attend all scheduled classes before enrolling.
• In the case of severe weather or unforeseen circumstances a make-up lesson will be offered or a full refund for missed lesson will be given.
• A Permission and Medical Information form must be completed for each child prior to the first lesson. No one will be permitted to take part in classes without a fully completed form.
• Swim nappies are required for infants who are not toilet trained. These can be purchased from the kiosk.
• All equipment is supplied in the lesson.
• To ensure a smooth start to the lesson please arrive with ample preparation time. Lateness will disrupt the lesson for others involved.
Tuesday various times
Maximum class numbers are: Crayfish 8 (with parent) and Perch 3.